Presenting our main headliner: Kasumi Hourai
We are pleased to announce our main headliner from Japan – Kasumi Hourai.
Hourai was born in Aichi Prefecture, Japan, in 1980. She started her career in BDSM and kinbaku industry in 1999. She has been working as a freelance since she became independent in 2001.
- 1980s By seeing kinbaku photographs by Norio Sugiura and period drama, realized the beauty and eros of kinbaku.
- 1990s At the same time as graduating from high school, started working at BDSM club.
- 2000 Moved to Tokyo by herself to learn kinbaku under the late Denki Akechi. Studied from him for about a year.
- 2000s After watching performances by many rope artists, started to learn kinbaku at Ichinawa-kai held by Kinoko Hajime for 4 years. Around the same time, learned suspension using bamboo at Kitagawa salon, and became more fascinated by traditional Japanese kinbaku.
- 2014 Took lessons from Akira Naka for 3 years.
- 2016 Worked as rope rigger at Kinbaku Sajiki by Norio Sugiura, the master of kinbaku photography, for 2 years.
- 2018 Work as a freelancer.
- Hourai offers her original style which combines kinbaku with Japanese culture.
- She incorporates feminine posturing and movements into the way she ties ropes.
- Although she prefers traditional Seme-nawa style the best, she adjusts her ropes each time corresponding to who she ties or what they want.
- Making use of her own experience as a kinbaku model, she develops crisis prevention methods based not only on the theories but also on her experience.
WORK IN JAPAN
- Working as a rope rigger at DVD/photo shooting
- Publishing kinbaku photo albums
- Holding photo exhibitions
- Organizing multiple events
- Kinbaku Performances
- Producing kinbaku models
- Teaching private kinbaku lessons
- Private BDSM/kinbaku sessions for men
- In addition to these, I accept any job offers which I find interesting, such as private nude photoshoots or performances at Strip Theatre.
WORK IN OTHER COUNTRIES
- Holding workshops all over the world (the U. S., Canada, Australia, Italy, Germany, Austria, Sweden, France, England, Denmark etc)